Monday, April 12, 2010

Operation Potty Train

A couple of months ago I started Operation Potty Train with my toddler. I tell you, I thought this was going to be easy and very intuitive. Boy was I wrong. It has been the hardest thing to do and to top that I haven't being able to be consistent because I am both a full time mom and full time employee.

I have read so many articles on this it is not even funny and they all point to one thing: HE HAS TO BE READY!!!!! Then why we put so much pressure on this? Why people keep asking whether he is trained or not or if I am doing my work? It is very frustrating when you hear other Moms say: "It took me blah, blah, blah days to do it" or "It was so easy to do". Not is it not easy to do.

I just need to let go and accept the fact and he will do it when he is ready and I'll know and be ready when the time comes. In the meantime, I will be deaf to those questions and move on.

No comments:

Post a Comment