Thursday, October 15, 2009

If my husband is a "chicken" does that means that I am a "rooster"?

During last night's class (I teach faith formation at my Church), I received several phone calls from my husband. At first, I thought that there was an emergency in the house and something had happened to my son but after answering each one of the phone calls I realized that the situation was not a big deal; at least for me.

It all started around 7:30 p.m. While in class, my husband called me to ask me if I have ever heard one of my son's toys going off without being touched. I sense some fear in his voice as he continued to ask me the same question. It got me off guard because I couldn’t understand why he would call me to ask me this question but I proceeded to answer no. Then he said that my son (2 years old) was freaking out about the noise and he didn’t know what to do.

You see, I have a two story house and my boy’s room is on the second floor and NO ONE was on the second floor at the time so my husband was disturbed about the occurrences. I assured him that these things happen once in awhile especially when the batteries are running low. What makes it more interesting is that this toy only goes off when you touch it or push it making the situation a bit eerie.

Half hour later, he called me again asking me if we had holy water at home (we are Catholics) and I said we should have some on the kitchen counter. He insisted that he couldn’t find it and that he didn’t know what to do as the toy continued to go off. At this point, I am getting very frustrated because my class kept being interrupted because of the situation. So my suggestion was for him to leave the house with the baby and stroll around the neighborhood until I got home.

And so he did. As soon as I arrived to the house, we went upstairs and I stood in front of the toy that was causing all the commotion and sure enough it went off without even touching it. So the three of us did a little prayer, sprinkle some water and turn off ALL of the other toys to make sure we don’t go through the same ordeal again.

Needless to say, we keep our nightlight on the rest of the night JUST IN CASE!!!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so funny! Same thing has happened at my house and I get the same reaction from my hubby...men LOL

    ReplyDelete