Thursday, October 8, 2009

Sharing with your children

There are many things that you love sharing with your children. Your knowledge, your heritage, your values. But there is one thing that I dislike to share: illnesses. Whether you child is in daycare or at school you know at some point you are going to catch what they have. And then, that's when the vicious cycle begins. They get the cold, you get the cold, they go back to daycare/school and share it with their friends and on and on.

Unfortunately for me, because of my allergies, this problem becomes worst because at some point I end up with a sinus infection and on antibiotics. And no matter how many times you wash your hands, use wipes, use hand sanitizers and disinfect all areas, you will get sick. So I am up to a point that I have given up and suck it up. It will happen no matter what.

My only concern of course is the swine flu or the H1N1, now that is dangerous. So what do I do to prevent it? Well, I make sure that I constantly clean and disinfect all areas, get vaccinated and keep my boy's hands clean as much as possible. I also keep an eye on symptoms that might be similar to that.

I have heard about a great product called Hibiclens. This product is supposed to keep your hands off any bacteria for up to 6 hours. Six hours!!!!!!!!!!! Now that is something worth trying. So during my next trip to the supermarket I will be getting this stuff and see how it works. In the meantime, All-clear from Clorox will do.

Have a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment